Ayurveda - 'The Science of Life', has been serving mankind from time immemorial and still survives just because of its sheer therapeutic value. In the event of scientific findings which have proved that ayurvedic medicines cure the disease by strengthening the body immune system, now considered to be the most scientific approach towards health, the relevancy of ayurvedic remedies become more significant.
Muniyal Ayurveda is known for its healing touch as it firmly believes in the fundamentals of Ayurveda and applies it for the betterment of mankind. Dr. U. Krishna Muniyal family is blessed with the divine gift of healing which it would like to utilize to maintain the health of society through Muniyal Ayurveda Kutumba ArogyaCard program.
This noble concept has been developed with an intention of providing Ayurvedic healthcare to each and every member of a health conscious family at low cost. Any health and fitness conscious family (husband, wife, children, and grandparents) is eligible to be a member of this program and can avail the healthcare benefits throughout their life.
Muniyal Ayurveda Family Clinics will be set up in each taluk providing healthcare to each and every member of a health conscious family, at the lowest cost of 1 rupee per day per family. Presently there are 3 clinics; one each at Udupi, Manipal and Mangalore.
Relevance and Advantages of this concept:
- Usually patients with chronic diseases visit Ayurveda doctors as a last resort which causes hindrance in treating the disease successfully. Early detection of diseases like arthritis, diabetes, depression, skin diseases, vision problems, piles, migraine, insomnia, cardiac ailments, carcinoma, etc. is the most vital aspect for the successful treatment. This is ensured on becoming a member of the program.
- Lifetime management of chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis, hypertension as per the Ayurvedic principles (which is essential) is also ensured.
- Lifestyle management in an Ayurvedic way is an ancient concept; at the same time it is an upcoming, highly acceptable and popular health concept in western countries.
- Lifelong maintenance of physical, mental & spiritual health.
- To popularise the ancient and time tested concept of the family doctor.
- To create awareness among common people regarding diet, lifestyle, yoga, etc. in order to prevent diseases.
- To make quality ayurvedic medicines accessible to the common man.
- Each centre will enroll a minimum of one thousand families under the Muniyal Ayurveda Kutumba AarogyaCard program.
- The doctor will advice members on Dinacharya (daily regimen), Ritucharya (seasonal regimen), Ahara (food habits), Vihara (habitat), Yoga and meditation.
- The doctor will maintain detailed health profile of individual family members.
- The doctor will treat their illness with free consultation and 20% discount on medicines.
- The doctor will treat the patient with classical and proprietary medicines of the institution and freshly prepared decoction of herbs, if needed.
- The doctor will also perform annual Panchakarma and other procedures.
- The doctor will refer in-patients to the institution’s hospital.
- All the medicines used are prepared at Muniyal Ayurvedic Research Center having GMP and ISO 9001:2008 certifications.
- Most of the raw materials used in the preparation of the medicines are collected from the Trust's own organic farms having International Organic Certification from SKAL, The Netherlands.
- Lifetime healthcare for just 1 rupee per day per family.
- Free advice on lifestyle management.
- Low cost treatment for acute health problems like cough, common cold, body ache, fever, indigestion, diarrhoea, dysentery, etc.
- Free consultation and quality medicines for the treatment of chronic diseases like arthritis, depression, anxiety neurosis, obesity, addiction, hypertension, high lipid-cholesterol, diabetes, gynecological problems and renal disorders.
- Members can avail the unique lines of treatment like Mahoshadha Kalpa, Madhumeha Kalpa, Madatyaya Kalpa, Hridya Kalpa, Sunayana Kalpa, etc.
- Facility of periodic administration of HIRANYAPRAASH, a natural immune booster for infants & children below 12 years to protect them from common ailments, will be provided in the clinic at concessional price.
- Selected medicinal plants will be provided once in a year.